CREWE, UK – Bentley Motors is today announcing full details of its new Continental GT, the definitive Grand Tourer.
Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Britain, the new third-generation Bentley Continental GT combines spirited, focused performance with handcrafted luxury and cutting-edge technology, to create the finest Grand Tourer ever produced.
Wolfgang Dürheimer, chairman and chief executive of Bentley Motors, said: “Bentley has been at the forefront of luxury Grand Touring for nearly one hundred years.
The new, third-generation Continental GT is the pinnacle of our design and engineering achievements and marks the next step in Bentley’s journey.
“We are the world leader in luxury mobility and our products and services define new luxury in the automotive world. The new Continental GT encapsulates our desire to innovate as well as celebrate our heritage and take the Bentley ownership experience to the next, unparalleled level.”
1. The reveal of the all-new Bentley Continental GT
2. GVs Bentley Continental GT driving shots (both exterior and interior).
3. Interview John Paul Gregory, Head of Exterior Design, Bentley Motors
4. Interview Darren Day, Head of Interior Design, Bentley Motors
5. GVs Bentley Continental GT Studio Footage (both exterior and interior)
Other: At the heart of the new Continental GT sits an all-new, enhanced version of Bentley’s renowned 6.0-litre, twin-turbocharged W12 TSI engine, mated, for the first time, to a dual-clutch eight-speed transmission, for faster, more efficient gear changes.
The new Continental GT also showcases major evolutions in Bentley’s unique application of technology. An advanced, fully digital, driver-focused instrument panel and Bentley Rotating Display for the driver are among the suite of innovations. The latter features an impressive 12.3” touchscreen housed in a three-sided unit, which revolves the veneer to reveal the touchscreen as well as three elegant analogue dials.
A new, technically advanced, adaptive chassis uses Bentley’s intelligent 48-volt Dynamic Ride System to ensure a responsive ride and exceptional handling and refinement in all road conditions. The new system controls ride comfort and lateral roll, cushioning passengers from excessive movement as well as making the car feel effortlessly precise.
The muscular exterior design, created using revolutionary technology, results in a lightweight, yet stiff, body. The engine is positioned further back to improve weight distribution, resulting in driver-focused, dynamic performance.
Offering four seats and improved luggage capacity for genuine real-world usability, the new Bentley Continental GT’s luxurious cabin is packed with exquisite details such as a new ‘diamond in diamond’ leather design. In addition, significant work has gone into harmonising the extensive portfolio of 15 colours across hides and carpets.
▪ Third generation of the peerless Continental GT: the definitive luxury Grand Tourer
▪ A statement of true luxury: bold, sculptured exterior design
▪ Innovative luxurious interior offers unrivalled Grand Touring refinement
▪ Designed, engineered and handcrafted in Britain
▪ Seamless integration of handcrafted, natural materials and cutting-edge technology
▪ Revolutionary Bentley Rotating Display and digital instrument panel
▪ Enhanced version of renowned 6.0-litre W12 TSI engine delivers
635 PS (626 bhp) and 900 Nm (664 lb.ft.)
▪ 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds (0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds); top speed
of 333 km/h (207 mph)*
▪ Dual-clutch, eight-speed transmission for faster, more efficient performance
Bentley Motors is the most sought after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines – Continental, Flying Spur, Bentayga and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley. It is also an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. Bentley employs around 4,000 people at Crewe.