Debuted at The Game Awards in Los Angeles, CA on Thursday and Available Holiday 2020, Xbox Series X will set a new bar for power, performance, speed and compatibility.
On Thursday, Dec. 12 at The Game Awards in Los Angeles, CA, an event to celebrate the latest achievements made across the gaming industry, Microsoft unveiled the future of gaming with Xbox Series X (previously codenamed Project Scarlett), coming Holiday 2020.
Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, spoke about the future of console gaming and how Xbox Series X will be Microsoft’s fastest, most powerful console ever and set a new bar for performance, speed and compatibility. Additional details about the new Xbox console include:
– Xbox Series X will deliver a new level of fidelity and immersion unlike anything that’s been achieved in previous console generations
– With Xbox Series X, you’ll be able to play thousands of your favorite games across four generations of gaming
– You can also expect compatibility with your Xbox One gaming accessories and industry-leading services like Xbox Game Pass to be available when you power on your Xbox Series X in Holiday 2020
– Microsoft also gave a first look at the unique design of Xbox Series X, which packs four times the processing power of Xbox One X in the most quiet and efficient way
– Xbox Series X supports both vertical and horizontal orientation
The possibilities of what Xbox Series X enables developers to achieve was brought to life at The Game Awards with the unveil of “Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II,” a sequel to the award-winning “Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice” from world-renowned developers Ninja Theory, being built to fully leverage the power of Xbox Series X. The footage showed was captured in engine and reflects the possibilities of how developers will be able to use the power of Xbox Series X to deliver games in new ways to fans.