LONDON, UK – British actress Lily James unveiled the new festive windows at Harrods today, launching A Very British Fairy Tale, which brings together two iconic British luxury brands.
This is the first festive partnership at Harrods, and to mark the occasion Lily switched on both the lights of Harrods’ renowned storefront windows and the first ever Harrods Christmas tree on Hans Crescent. The tree, which was designed by Burberry, is situated outside the store’s brand new Door 5 Grand Entrance.
A THEATRICAL DIGITAL WINDOW EXPERIENCE
The 29 windows on Brompton Road, where A Very British Fairy Tale unfolds, tell the story of two children on an enchanting adventure through a snow-swept English country house, complete with flying cars, floating bathtubs and secret passageways.
As part of the display, visitors are able to interact with a sensory window, through the use of a touch trigger mechanic and motion sensor, through which they can experiment with the lighting and music composed specifically for the display, bringing the tale to life.
AN EXCLUSIVE BURBERRY COLLECTION
Today’s unveiling coincides with the launch of an exclusive collection designed by Burberry, including limited-edition ready-to-wear, accessories and gifts, which all feature in the windows.
THOMAS’S AT HARRODS
For the Christmas period, a dedicated selection of pieces from Burberry’s all day café Thomas’s will be available at the Harrods Food Hall, including chocolate mince pies, biscuits and a limited edition bottle of English sparkling wine, Nyetimber, exclusive to Harrods.
PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITY
Harrods’ customers will also be able to enjoy a programme of activities to celebrate the partnership, with visitors able to discover the craftsmanship behind classic Burberry products live at different stations in the Harrods exhibition windows every weekend in the lead up to Christmas. Personalisation services such as Burberry Heritage trench coat demonstrations and bag painting will also be available.
A Very British Fairy Tale’ at Harrods can be seen from November 3rd to December 27th 2016.
00.03 – Switch-on of Burberry Christmas Tree at Harrods
01.46 – Lily James soundbites
02.55 – “A very British Fairy Tale” windows presented by Burberry and Harrods
03.44 – Interactive window
04.22 – Thomas’s Kiosk, Harrods Food Hall
05.32 – Harrods and Burberry present “A Very British Fairy Tale” animated film
* Established in 1856, Burberry is a global British luxury brand with a heritage of innovation, craftsmanship and design.
* The Burberry business comprises five divisions: menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, accessories and beauty.
* Burberry is headquartered in London and listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L), Burberry is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. * Visit www.burberry.com for further information.
* Harrods began as a wholesale grocers’ and tea merchants in east London, first opening its doors in 1834. Since then, it has grown to become the world’s most famous department store, known for its unrivalled range of luxury merchandise
* As well as exclusive brands and myriad departments, one of Harrods’ most renowned attributes is its unparalleled service. Harrods continues to be guided by its philosophy of “anything is possible” and, to this day, its customers remain at the heart of everything it does
* Visit harrods.com for further information
About Lily James
* British actress Lily James is the current face of My Burberry fragrances and most recently was announced as one of the stars in Burberry’s Christmas campaign ‘The Tale of Thomas Burberry’, directed by Asif Kapadia. ‘The Tale of Thomas Burberry’