To celebrate the Dark Knight’s 80 years as the World’s Greatest Detective, DC and Warner Bros. lit up the night skies by projecting the iconic Bat-Signal, and produced fan celebrations, in major cities around the globe.
Batman Day takes flight worldwide as millions of fans of all ages gather on six continents in celebration of the Dark Knight. Today’s global Bat-Signal projections mark the 80th anniversary of the Caped Crusader’s first appearance in the pages of DC Comics back in 1939.
Beginning in Melbourne and concluding in Los Angeles, this auspicious confluence of fan celebrations spotlight the character that now ranks as the most widely recognized masked man in pop culture.
Bat-Signal activations, Batman 5K night runs, talent signings and fan celebrations are highlighting DC’s annual Batman Day festivities, where the character and his stories are feted globally on a single day.
Location details include:
– Melbourne at Fed Square
– Tokyo at MAGNET by SHIBUYA109 at Shibuya Scramble Crossing
– Johannesburg at The Leonardo Building
– Berlin at Potzdamer Platz 11
– Rome at Roma Termini
– Paris at Galeries Lafayette
– Barcelona at Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya
– London at the Senate House
– São Paulo at Itaúsa – LMB
– Montreal at Complex Dupuis
– New York at the Domino Sugar Refinery
– Mexico City at Torre Reforma
– Los Angeles at the Warner Bros. Studio Lot
– To honor 80 years of The Dark Knight, the spire of New York’s Empire State Building was lit in Batman Yellow.